Re: Mac68K BSD options

>[ A copy of this message has been posted to the newsgroups ]
>[     comp.unix.bsd.netbsd.misc                            ]
>[     comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc                           ]
>
>(This is not a troll!)
>
>I'd like to install one of the *BSDs on my Mac IIci. However, I'm having
>a hard time finding head-to-head comparisons of NetBSD and OpenBSD.
>
>What are the pros and cons of each, both in the abstract in specifically
>re: Mac implementations?
>
>Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>--
>Amitai Schlair
>amitai_(_dot_)_schlair_(_at_)_usa_(_dot_)_net
>--
The major problem with both is that no one seems particularly interested in
getting them to work on most 68040 chips (not that this affects you).
Sorry for the sarcasm, I am just getting sick of waiting for someone to get
some sort of un*x working for my processor (68LC040 actually).  Anybody
know if anybody is working on it and when they might get something working?

Thanks
Mike

"DOS Computers manufactured by companies such as IBM, Compaq, Tandy, and
millions of others are by far the most popular, with about 70 million
machines in use wordwide. Macintosh fans, on the other hand, may note that
cockroaches are far more numerous than humans, and that numbers alone do
not denote a higher life form."
      (New York Times, November 26, 1991)