bug in awk that prevents recompiling for me?

Hi,
My problem is in /usr/src/lib/libcurses/MKkeyname.awk.

This is the awk program 'awktest' and its output:

BEGIN {
        print "anfang"
}

{printf "mitte"}

END {
        print "ende"
}

bash$ awk -f awktest awktest > testout
bash$ more testout
mittemittemittemittemittemittemittemittemitteanfang
ende

This looks wrong to me. I think the output of the following
programm looks right:

BEGIN {
        print "anfang"
}

{print "mitte"}

END {
        print "ende"
}

bash$ awk -f awktest awktest > testout
bash$ more testout
anfang
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
mitte
ende

Or is this correct? Then the mentioned awk script in kernel sources
is incorrect.. not?

As a make build failed yesterday i am *not* totally sure this
is not a side effect of a corrupt OpenBSD installation.
ciao
Carsten

Visit your host, monkey.org