[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
A few newbie questions.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: A few newbie questions.
- From: Darryl Wagoner <darryl_(_at_)_sai_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 11:48:36 -0400 (EDT)
1. How do you do ip address aliases? I found /etc/ifaliases
but it doesn't seem to work. netstat -rn yield route to
localhost, but ping doesn't work.
2. /proc isn't mounted and when I try to mount it by hand it locks
the system. I used "mount_procfs /proc /proc". Does this work?
Darryl Wagoner darryl_(_at_)_sai_(_dot_)_com http://www.sai.com/
Office: 603.672.0736 Fax: 603-672-4846
Beware of self-styled experts: an ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a
drip under pressure.