[niklas@cvs.openbsd.org: CVS : cvs.openbsd.org: netbsd-src]

A minor explanation on what's going on here:

First of all, the message below should never have gone out on the list
:-)  But as it did, I might as well tell what I'm trying to do.

In order to make it easier to track NetBSD now when Theo is away, I
plan to setup a NetBSD CVS tree which will have daily sups imported
into it.  This way, people can easier pick out just the diffs they
want to merge together with the corresponding log messages from the
NetBSD source-changes list.  Further ahead some semi-automatic merges
can be imagined with just approval/reject operations from the
resposible human.  I don't know... please brain-storm!

What happened to me today was strange: cvs commit -i ! ignored some
spuriouus files in the conf directories, so I had to handcraft them
into the tree, that is why the commit message got out.  Looks like a
cvs bug to me, but I don't have the time nor inclination to address
that now.

What's to bad that we'll have a big leap (approx. a fortnight) between
the first two tagged NetBSD sups in this CVS tree.  960203 and (I
hope) 960217, from ther I hope I will have a daily sup+import running.

I hope you understand this isn't a solution to the merge problem,
merely a means to facilitate easier merges by more people.

Niklas