[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD with a Sony DRU-810A DVD-RW Drive
- To: bugs_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD with a Sony DRU-810A DVD-RW Drive
- From: David Gwynne <loki_(_at_)_animata_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 14:21:01 +1000
- Cc: Joe Bennett <joe_(_at_)_assimtech_(_dot_)_com>
submitter says that his cd drive shows up with an i386 kernel, so it
appears to be an amd64 mapping issue (surprise surprise).
On 17/02/2006, at 12:37 PM, Joe Bennett wrote:
I've just installed cd39 on a new box and then installed a new sony
DRU-810A DVD Drive. The drive doesnt show up in the dmesg. If i
boot off the cd using the sony drive it is labelled cd0a. The drive
is on IDE Pri Master. The Motherboard is an asus P5LD2-VM. I've got
it running in IDE Enhanced Mode. If i switch the bios to IDE
Compatible mode wd0 times out. wd0 and wd1 are both 320GB SATA drives.