[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Misleading example code in CMSG_DATA(3) manpage
- To: bugs_(_at_)_OpenBSD_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Misleading example code in CMSG_DATA(3) manpage
- From: Christian Biere <christianbiere_(_at_)_gmx_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:14:55 +0100
- Openpgp: id=7A3220C7; url=http://ghostwhitecrab.com/cbiere.pgp
Christian Biere wrote:
> The problem is that it's not up to the receiver to decide how many
> descriptors are transferred.
Okay, there's something I missed. As long as you don't provide more
cmsg buffer than CMSG_SPACE(sizeof (int)) - and the example code
uses this - the kernel will release file descriptors that don't
fit into this buffer. Therefore, I think this PR can be closed.