[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: bugs_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: groupmember() bug?
- From: rick_(_at_)_snowhite_(_dot_)_cis_(_dot_)_uoguelph_(_dot_)_ca
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:07:26 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: tech-kern_(_at_)_netbsd_(_dot_)_org
I just noticed something that popped up on comp.protocols.nfs, which seems
like it might be a bug in several BSD flavours?
groupmember() - only checks cr_groups and not cr_gid
In 4.4, cr_gid was just cr_groups, but some subsequent flavours have
separated it out from cr_groups in "struct ucred".
As a result, ufs_chown() fails to change the gid of a file to the primary
gid (cr_gid) of a user, unless that gid is also listed in cr_groups.
(This showed up as an NFS setattr problem for setting a gid of a newly
created file to the client user's primary effective gid.)
Is this a bug? rick
Visit your host, monkey.org