[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: i386/1403: Intel 440BX2 mobo doesn't power off on halt -p
- To: bugs_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: i386/1403: Intel 440BX2 mobo doesn't power off on halt -p
- From: Stephan Somogyi <obsd-bug_(_at_)_gyroscope_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 14:16:00 -0700
- Cc: Dimitar Stoikov <ds_(_at_)_ds_(_dot_)_primasoft_(_dot_)_bg>
A further follow-up that seems relevant:
In a private email exchange between Dimitar Stoikov and myself, we
determined that we are running different BIOSes with the same
motherboard. My BIOS is from Intel and is version P12-0013.
Dimitar is running a Phoenix BIOS dated 09/27/1999.
N.b. that this phenomenon also occurs with Intel BIOS version P08,
which was what my mobo came with originally.
Circumstantial evidence therefore suggests that there might a problem
in the interaction between OpenBSD's APM implementation and Intel
I hope this is useful.