Re: Get ready to see BIGGEST teen site on the web!

I can  understand why some of  the OpenBSD lists accept  mail from
non-subscribers. That policy is absolutely  mandatory for bugs@; a
necessary evil for misc@; and probably a technical requirement for
ports@ what  with the various  automated posts. But I  would think
that  advocacy@,  at least,  could  do  quite  well if  mail  from
non-subscribers got bounced with instructions to subscribe, first.

I've personally stopped spam by rejecting mail from anybody whom I
don't already know is okay. The bounce includes a pointer to a Web
form to get through to me. It's worked well: I don't get spam, and
once or  twice a month  somebody uses the form. So  far, everybody
who's used the  form has been legitimate, and I  haven't heard any
complaints.  (Yes, I realize that the complaint would have to come
via means  other than email,  but that's  fine: anybody who  is so
clueless they can't figure out how to  use a Web form, call me, or
send me a letter isn't somebody I want complaining at me.)

b&

--
Ben Goren
 mailto:ben_(_at_)_trumpetpower_(_dot_)_com