After the licensing discussions regarding Darren Reed's IPF, I became curious about the current licensing of Sendmail, which is also included in the OpenBSD distribution and source tree. Sendmail's license is at

Note that this license has a large number of specific requirements which, taken together,completely rule out the use of the code in any closed source commercial software project.

This seems to violate the requirements at

which says, "We want to make available source code that anyone can use for ANY PURPOSE, with no restrictions."

What do folks think about this? Note that a Berkeley-licensed, truly free Sendmail does exist (Sun's Sendmail is derived from it), but it is many years old.

Visit your host, monkey.org