[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD CDs design
- To: advocacy_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD CDs design
- From: "ISC. Gerardo Santana Gomez Garrido" <santana_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_mx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 03:10:07 -0600
- Organization: OpenBSD Mexico
- Reply-to: santana_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_mx
I have to thank all of you guys for the tips.
In fact, I didn't even ask for authorization when I replaced Solaris
The "inconvennience" comes when you try to advocate OpenBSD outside your
environment. When you try to sell the idea to an enterprise or
What I have tried is to talk directly to the Computing Department guys,
with good results. But sometimes it's needed to talk to the boss, and
it's really hard to convince him that OpenBSD is a serious project if
you show him a "nice" OpenBSD CD set with a "cute" fish on the cover.
You send him to see the home page and... again the cute fish.
Don't get me wrong. I like it. I like T-shirts. Heck, I don't even care
about the CD cover or the T-shirts if just the OS is what I expect. It's
just that it's difficulting me to advocate OpenBSD.
Anyways, I'll find the way. Thanks for the tips again.
ISC. Gerardo Santana Gomez Garrido
Visit your host, monkey.org