Re: Minimum requirements for i386?

In message <Pine.LNX.4.05.9812042233570.1649-100000@mirna.well.ox.ac.uk>,
	Nino Margetic writes:
>I'd like to setup a small NAT/router/firewall machine and I have a 4M RAM
>machine (and 486sx/25 with a 250M disk). Will this be enough for a minimal
>installation of OpenBSD/i386?

Not using GENERIC.  You really need 8MB to make a system usuable.

If you play with the kernel enough, you can probably get a system that will
run in 4MB, but it will be very slow.

I believe the 2.4 RAMDISK kernel requires 8MB (or 6MB) just to boot.

--
Jason Downs
downsj@downsj.com

               Little.  Yellow.  Secure.  http://www.openbsd.org/

Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation of
the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.