Re: MP kernel test on Via mini-itx 533 mhz embedded fanless cpu

>26th June Snapshot.
>
>No problems on MP kernel.
>X, httpd ok
>-current kernel compile and make build all worked.

Just to add to my own post.
I know benchmarks weren't called for but I did one anyway and was
surprised at how little difference the MP kernel made on a single cpu
system. From what I was reading on the list, I was expecting it to be
noticably slower running an MP kernel on an single cpu.

Compiling a GENERIC.MP kernel with just GENERIC took 22 minutes 47
seconds.
Compiling a GENERIC.MP kernel with the GENERIC.MP kernel took 23 minutes
4 seconds

If my maths is correct, that's only about a 1% increase. Bugger all
really.

Craig.