Re: We are looking for a particular SMP machine

At 12:53 PM 06/13/2004 -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:

>We are looking for a machine that displays "no MP mapping found"
>messages during boot of GENERIC.MP.  If you have one available, please
>drop me a note saying what you can do (include as much of a dmesg as
>you can) and I'll pick the best of the worst and take it off your
>hands...  It is not going to work with GENERIC.MP until we fix this
>(and once we fix it, it will be a poor performer because the board is
>badly designed)

	I've got a few MP machines not live right now, but nothing that couldn't
be hooked up to test and see if they do this.

Is there any particular maker/model/chipset that tends to do this, so I
don't end up trying everything I've got?

Signing off,

--
Joseph C. Bender
jcbender at benderhome dot net