threads and audio read

	Hello.

	I'm trying to port to openbsd a threaded application that reads
from audio device (ices2). Whenever application tries to read(2)
sth from audio -pthread library changes read function to poll
( it is what ktrace says ). But poll always fails ( data
will be grabbed from a sound card when a real read is issued,
so an input buffer is emtpy). The result : application is unable
to read anything from /dev/audio.
	Is there any way to say in pthreads: I want to perform
read even it would block a whole process?

TIA,

DM