Re: RFC#16 - /etc/rc

On Thursday 13 November 2003 07:59 am, Ed White wrote:
> Request to prune /tmp during shutdown procedure.
[snip]

This is certainly something that you can do if you want, but
having it be the default would be a bad idea, not to mention
that it doesn't provide much security which others have talked
of.

In the case of laptop users OpenBSD gets booted freqently.
I once had an important file on /tmp (dumb, I know) which I
hadn't moved to /u before shutting down.   I was able to recover
it by booting into single user mode and moving it, but under
your scheme it would have been lost.

--STeve Andre'