Re: Alpha Boot Failure

> Ok Here's an exerpt from the OpenBSD kernel boot, the HD gets detected as
> sd0, but at a certain point it stops and asks for the root device... BUT
> the keyboard does not work...so i cant issue sd0 ...
> How can I inform the kernel that the root device is sd0a?

While the information you gave is not enough to know why is your
keyboard input not working, as a blind guess, I'd ask you to check the
contents of the boot_osflags SRM variable. I'd bet it contains the 'n'
letter.
For proper OpenBSD operation this variable should be set to 'a' for
mult-user boot, and empty for single-user boots.

Miod