Re: Possible good news about IPF

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 05:28:24PM -0400, Tony Lambiris wrote:
> And where in the license does it say WITH OR WITHOUT MODIFICATION.

First go and read: http://cr.yp.to/softwarelaw.html it is not from a lawyer
but it appears to be correct.

Now check out: http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html

It is like this: when I write something a set of restrictions are created, due to
the copyright laws, as the work takes form. Until I waive those rights, they are
mine. I must explicitly give up the right. (It's kind of like dropping root
privledges, unless I put the code into the program it does not happen.)

For the OpenBSD world this is covered by:
* are met:

Which is available at: http://www.openbsd.org/policy.html

--

There is no doubt we need government in our lives. There is also no doubt
that we need salt in our diet. Watch out for too much of either one.
AA4YU http://www.beekeeper.org http://www.q7.net