OpenWatcom port to UNIX query

Here's the answer I received on a posting a query to openwatcom.users.c_c++
about UNIX ports:

> Is there any work being done, or information about, a UNIX port
> of the OpenWatcom C/C++ compiler?  We are looking for a replacement
> for that _other_ "free" C compiler, one that comes with source code,
> and can be modified (generally as a result of security audits).
>
> Compiler would be used to build system libraries, applications and
kernels.

People have announced interest in trying this with Watcom. FreeBSD and
Linux have been mentioned as targets.

If you don't like GCC and you don't want to wait for Watcom, may I
suggest that for the time being you have a look into lcc
(http://www.cs.princeton.edu/software/lcc/) or TenDRA
(http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~patrykz/TenDRA/).
[EOF]