Re: Scanning OpenBSD with NMAP - mysterious Results ???

--John Verne <john.verne@mks.com> [010531 10:19]:
> > Im quite new on OpenBSD but are very familiare with Linux.
> > Because i wanted to test, i scanned one of our OpenBSD boxes using
> > nmap -v -sS -O -P0
> > and got a very mysterious Result :
> >
> > NMAP says : Difficulty 25374 (Worthly Challenge)
> >
> > ??????????????
> >

> imagine you can do stuff to get that number up.  At any rate, it is a
> guideline only, and varies widely from OS release and install.

Like adding this to your ipf.rules;
block in log quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to any flags FUP
block in log quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to any flags SF/SFRA
block in log quick on fxp0 proto tcp from any to any flags /SFRA

TCP Sequence Prediction: Class=random positive increments
                         Difficulty=69845 (Worthy challenge)
IPID Sequence Generation: Randomized

--
Dave Watson