interrupt disabled rules

i'm not familiar with all of the kernel functions.  but i'd like to know
which ones should not be called with interrupts disabled.

i'm assuming
{
splhigh();
malloc(size, type, M_WAITOK);
splx(s);
}
is a bad idea.  is this true?  for which levels of interrupt disabling?
and other functions probably shouldn't be called with interrupts disabled,
either, like copyin/copyout? (creates a denial of service on linux)

we're working on automated system checking here at stanford, and need some
rules to check for.  any other rules would be appreciated too.

ps: not on list, please cc.  thanks

--
Ted -- grendel@heorot.stanford.edu -- http://heorot.stanford.edu/grendel/
Keep your vogue code that all have.   /   Tomorrow's world we've all seen.