Re: ipf

I'm confused (as many probably are) in how Darren changed the
license.  I'm thinking that Darren, however good a programmer
he might be, just doesn't understand English.  How does saying
'Redistribution in source and binary forms is permitted as
long as the license file is preserved and due credit is given
the original author' [paraphrase], equate to "Yes, this means
that derivitive or modified works are not permitted without
the author's prior consent."    [Exact License quoted below]

To tell people in one line that redistriubution is allowed
and then in the next line say that it isn't allowed is
a contradiction.  Darren stands on the soapbox saying that
the two lines that he added have always been implied in the
original license.  I think he must be either be on drugs,
uses english as a 4th language or has no grasp of what the
language of the license really means.

He claims that he's not worried about being taken to court on
this one, because he knows that he'd win, because the language
was always implied by the original license.  I think if he
went to court on this, he'd have no legs to stand on.

Here's Darren's original license:
/*
 * Copyright (C) 1993-2000 by Darren Reed.
 *
 * The author accepts no responsibility for the use of this software and
 * provides it on an ``as is'' basis without express or implied warranty.
 *
 * Redistribution and use in source and binary forms are permitted
 * provided that this notice is preserved and due credit is given
 * to the original author and the contributors.
 *
 * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
 *
 * I hate legaleese, don't you ?
 */

Here's Darren's new license:
/*
 * Copyright (C) 1993-2001 by Darren Reed.
 *

--
--jlockard - Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of
             consecutive days I've stayed alive.