Re: ipf

> But wait... you can't retroactively change the license on a piece of
> software that you have already distributed and the user has already
> accepted.  If the OpenBSD team has been developing against software
> developed under one set of terms, can't development continue from that point
> ignoring the later versions coming from the official maintainer under new
> terms?

The license didn't change.  Only a clarification was added, to indicate
what had been intended all along (that modifications to the source were
not allowed without the authorization of the author).

This has already been said before and pointed out elsewhere.  I suggest
you go through the archives of the ipf mailing list and browse the
comments made by the author himself at the OpenBSD Journal on this issue
for further clarification.

-Kent R. Spillner