Query about strip

What is the default "strip" used by OpenBSD 2.8.  When I "strip -V", I get

"GNU strip 2.10
Copyright 1997, 98, 99, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty."

When I strip executables (e.g., OpenSSH 2.9 tools just compiled) they will
all issue a single "Abort" and exit.  If I run the pre-stripped executables,
they run fine.

I had a meltdown a few weeks back, and expect I'm running the wrong strip.

Thanks,

jdv