Re: pgrep and pkill

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Richard Johnson wrote:

> How does your reimplementation of pkill compare to /usr/ports/sysutils/skill?

I believe having a pkill/pgrep program which looks and feels like other
operating systems' pkill/pgrep (such as solaris) is a good thing. zap,
skill, ps|grep|awk|kill and friends do their job, but pkill/pgrep is
easier to use.

I think we should clean this up and consider importing it into the tree or
perhaps provide it as a port first.

/Jakob

--
Jakob Schlyter <jakob@crt.se>                Network Analyst
Phone:  +46 31 701 42 13, +46 70 595 07 94   Carlstedt Research & Technology