Re: pgrep and pkill

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Richard Johnson wrote:

> How does your reimplementation of pkill compare to /usr/ports/sysutils/skill?

Nuts.  I knew someone would find that I had reinvented the wheel.  Oh
well.

Mine actually selects on a few more criteria, some useful, like ppid, some
not so, like process group.  But it looks about the same, give or take.
Plus, skill doesn't have a list-only feature that I see.  Then again, I
don't have a renice feature, but I could implement one in less than an
hour, probably.

-Bitt