Re: pgrep and pkill

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Eugene Tsyrklevich wrote:

> /usr/ports/sysutils/zap

I tried to use zap, but the reason I wanted something faster was because I
have an underpowered machine that can easily get wedged.  In particular, I
had a cron job that dominoed on a regular basis (it's disabled now), but
forking off those extra processes and parsing the output of them actually
took too long and didn't kill the runaway processes in time.  My pkill
really is much faster.  Plus it has the ability to select on more precise
criteria than zap.

-Bitt