Re: chroot() break

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Bill Larson wrote:

> It may not be direclty applicable to OpenBSD, but it is a general
> reference/analysis for chroot operations at
> <http://www.bpfh.net/simes/computing/chroot-break.html>.  Take a look
> and determine your level of concern.

and what's stopping OpenBSD from doing the same thing that FreeBSD does
(ie fail if open file descripter)? Seems straightforward to me.

--
Network Security Technologies Inc. - Commercial support for OpenBSD
www.netsec.net       (703) 561-0420       matthew.patton@netsec.net

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force!
 Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
  - George Washington