Re: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src

> Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org> wrote:
>
> > The down-side is that people who install the ports collection
> > but don't update their system very frequently suffer the wasted
> > processing time.
>
> To what does that amount on a slow machine?

I'm tweaking the patch so that it's disabled by default and is
enabled via an rc.conf knob.  Although this is very useful for
frequently updated machines, it's far less useful for machines that
are only updated at release time.

I think the process is quite slow on a ``show'' machine, but I'm not
sure how slow (or what ``slow'' really means :).  The slowest OpenBSD
box I have is a PPro200 :-/

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>