Re: bsd.prog.mk and multiple executables

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Steve Murphree wrote:

> Use 2 separate directories.

Thanks, Steve.  Don't know why that didn't occur to me.

> You could even put common code in it's own directory.
>
> e.g. /usr/local/src/proctools/common

I've been looking and I can't see quite how to do this.  How do I tell
the Makefile in the common directory to just generate an object file or
archive and then get the other directories to compile it in?  I can't
figure this out at all.

Or get the other subdirectories to compile the other source file in
properly from the other directory?  I can get it to link it in at
compile, but not compile it itself.  I keeps wanting to link it in from
the other directory, but it compiled to the current directory.

The former sound better, but whatever works....

-Bitt