Re: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src

> On Mon, 21 May 2001, Brian Somers wrote:
>
> > I'd like to add the following to /etc/weekly.  Does anyone have any
> > objections ?  The down-side is that people who install the ports
> > collection but don't update their system very frequently suffer the
> > wasted processing time.
>
> is the latest version of a package always the greatest?

I think it's supposed to.  The change is smart enough to handle
multiple ports, so for example if you've got bash installed (rather
than bash2), it won't moan at you as long as the version of bash
you've got is the latest according to /usr/ports/INDEX.

If a port is ``upgraded'' to something that's no good or worse then
I think the update is the problem rather than the report that says
your system is out of date.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>