Re: multiple header file inclusion

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Nikolay Sturm wrote:

> I'm in the process of identifiing header files without protection
> against being included more than once (i.e. ifndef _FOO_H_ ...). As my
> list grows larger I begin asking myself wether there is anything one has
> to think about or is it just as simple as adding ifndefs to the files
> and telling you where to find the diffs?

You must think.  There are some header files that are meant to be
included multiple times and whose operation changes depending
on external factors.  X uses this, for example.

Monty Brandenberg, Software Consultant                             MCB, Inc.
mcbinc@world.std.com                                         P.O. Box 426188
mcbinc@ne.mediaone.net                             Cambridge, MA  02142-0021
617.864.6907