Re: Netgear FA410TX PCMCIA Problem

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 03:03:01PM -0400, Eric Fildebrandt wrote:
> I am trying to get a new Netgear FA410TX PCMCIA card working on an old
> Gateway laptop. I have been able to get an old 3COM 10BaseT NIC working but
> this one gives me the following:
>
> pcic3 at pci0 dev 19 function 0 "Cirrus Logic CL-PD6729" rev 0xfe
> pcic3 controller 0: <Cirrus PD672X> has sockets A and B
> pcmcia0 at pcic3 controller 0 socket 0
> "NETGEAR, FA410TX, Fast Ethernet" (manufacturer 0x149, product 0x4530) at
> pcmcia 0 function 0 not configured
> pcmcia1 at pcic3 controller 0 socket 1
> pcic3: interrupting at irq 3
> pcic3: irq 3, polling enabled

  That card is needs to be added, since the product id is new.
  I'd need some information, like the MAC address. Look at the card, it
should be somewhere.
  Providing this, I'll make you a boot disk to test, and if everything works
fine add this entry.
  Also, maybe you can do this:

  - boot w/o the card inserted
  - login as root
  - write sysctl -w ddb.console=1
  - type alt-ctrl-esc, you'll be dropped into ddb
  - then type: write pcmcia_verbose 1 (this will enable pcmcia verbose)
  - and then: c to continue
  - then insert the card
  - finally, send me the dmesg output

  BTW, what card is this, a regular FA410TX??

  f.-