Re: Ejecting PCMCIA cards

I think it depends on which laptop/which device you are using.

One of my laptops it works perfectly with both a 3com pcmcia and a 33.6K
modem.

But on another laptop i had a problem once. I think the problem was that
some thing probed it and the driver wasn't aware that it was gone (so the
system froze).

maybe we need a ctl to shut off pcmcia devices (the drivers) and (then
they can be safely removed)