Re: nlockmgr and /var/mail over NFS

On Tue, 15 May 2001, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:
> I'm not totally sure nlockmgr is the culprit, after all the linux clients
> seem to work anyway. But then again, it's possible they give up on the
> lock.
>
> Does anybody have any idea?

Recompile mutt/pine on your client boxes to use a different
type of locking. The mutt and pine docs tell you how to do
this. The standard compile options of Mutt don't work using
NFS mounts of the mailspool IIRC (don't know whether there
is a flavor in ports to do it).

Alternatively, use IMAP or POP to talk to the mailserver.

Sam

--
  Doubt: In the Battle Between You and the World, Bet on the World