Re: i386 mbr problem, again

It's certainly the case that OpenBSD could be fixed to do this, but
equally the case that developer time is finite and some things have
to be done later than others.

As an example, would it have been more worthwhile for 2.9 to have
included a fix for this particular problem, or have improved soft updates
and added the dirpref code?  I think it was clearly in everyone's best
interests to do that work first.

As least this problem is well documented and has a FAQ entry, and is
easily gotten around.  I'll bet that someone has this particular problem
on their to do list, and will eventually pop up to the top, but at least in
the mean time it isn't a killer, it's just annoying.

--STeve Andre'