From: owner-tech@openbsd.org [mailto:owner-tech@openbsd.org]On Behalf Of
Tim Newsham
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2001 8:14 PM
To: Dave Uhring
Cc: raan@graand-visions.com; tech@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: i386 mbr problem, again

> Try booting a Windows rescue diskette and running
>
> a:> fdisk /mbr

This fixed my problem.
My apologies for the FAQ.  (Actually I looked and couldnt
find it just now, Where exactly is this item mentioned?)

Does this mean that before OpenBSD can be installed
on a system, there must already be a DOS MBR created
on the drive?  If so, this seems braindead.  Not
everyone installs OpenBSD/x86 over a former windows
installation.

Tim N.