vnd config problems

Hi,

i have a machine here that is running 2.8-stable.
I have a few iso's that i would like to mount so i raised my pseudo-device vnd limit in my GENERIC kernel to 16.  However, when i already have 8 succesful vnd mounted devices, on the attempt to configure my nineth (via vnconfig /dev/rvnd8c), i get the folllowing:  vnconfig: /dev/rvnd8c: Device Busy

any ideas of what might be wrong?

configuring and mouting devices /dev/rvnd0c through /dev/rvnd7c works perfectly.

-patrick