Re: proposed cvs change

Quoting Marco S Hyman (marc@snafu.org):
> cvs, as shipped, does not allow user "root" to check things in.  I use
> a local CVS repository to keep track of changes to things like named zone
> files, mail access db, etc.   These are files owned and maintained by root.
> Root should be able to check them into the cvs repository.

Does root always point to one specific human? If not, the changes should
certainly not be made by the root userid. If you do manage certain files
that need to belong as root, I think sudo magic in the CVSROOT/loginfo file
is the way to go -- or better yet, look at cfengine.

--
I prefer the dark of the night, after midnight and before four-thirty,
when it's more bare, more hollow.                  http://a.area51.dk/