TCP stack extraction

Hi all,

    We're trying to implement our own protocol. We've chosen OpenBSD kernel due to it's stability and history of the source code. Our stack is based on TCP. I would like to know what's the best way to extract the TCP stack from OpenBSD kernel so we can start poking around. There's three way i've been looking at, using Raw sockets, BPF filters or IP tunneling. What do you think about those techniques?
what are the cons and pros using one of them with a userland TCP stack? Which one TCP programmers
use when developping? Is there better ways to implement a protocol stack?

I look foward your answers.

Thank you,

Karim Fodil-Lemelin.