nfs error with openbsd 2.5

Greetings,
	I am running openbsd 2.5 i386 on three identical pentium II
systems. All three systems have 512 meg of ram and losts of disk space. I
am running apache webservers on all three of them which use nfs mounted
disks that are physically located on a sparc 20. Over the past two days I
have had to reboot two of them several times because the netowrk on two
of the machines becomes unreachable for a period of time. Most of the
time the network fixes itself and no action needs to be taken but
sometimes it does not. When looking at the console screen I am noticing
the errors:

/bsd: nfs send error 55 error sending to atreides.alphachannel.com

atreides.alphachannel.com is the file server which is serving nfs to the
three machines. To conclude with a description of the problem One machine
is severly affected with it. As soon as that nfs disk is mounted I start
getting errors. The second machine it happens once in a while. The third
machine has no symptioms and has been running great since the day it was
install. All three machines are identical in config and version of
openbsd and they are using the same kernel build. I am hoping someone can
help me decipher this error. Oh one more thing I forgot to mention. At no
time EXCEPT when the network is down is nfs actually down.

Here is what I did...

I immediately looked at the server. I figured with an error like that it
must be the server causing the nfs errors. However there are other
machines besides these three that are mounting drives via nfs that are
not having any problems. Also not all three machines are having the
problem. One of them is fine and the other one I have not seen a
reoccurance from when I rebooted. I then started looking at the clients.
The worst machine did not get any better after a reboot so I talked to a
few friends who suggested that it could be a resource problem. I
increased maxusers and nmbclusters because I thought maybe I was running
into a resource limitation. That affected nothing. I tried various kernel
tweaks which also changed nothing so I decided to send this newsgroup an
email. Any information you can give me to point me in the right direction
is appreciated.
	Justin