Re: NAT with cable modems - dynamic IP

john Buxton <john@teletrak.com.au> writes:

> I am wondering how OpenBSD works with a cable modem installation running
> dynamic IP.

[snip]

kwooding@codetalker.com writes:

> At the moment, it doesn't.  You need to reload your ipf and ipnat
> rules (manually) if your IP address changes.  Ideally, dhcp should be
> scriptable to perform these actions for you whenever a new lease is
> received.

dhclient *is* currently already scriptable. Just make your own version
of the /sbin/dhclient-script and point the /etc/dhclient.conf file at
it. I think an "ipf -y" at a strategic place in the script, should
do. In the ADSL NAT gateway I've set up at work, it seems fine,
although the IP rarely (if ever) actually changes.

Best wishes,
/Daniel

--
Daniel Neri