Re: i386 memory size problems

Various people seem to be having memory sizing problems on compaq machines.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to a compaq machine to do further testing
and fixing of this.  However, the first check I'd do, is go through your BIOS
options, and check for a 'extended memory reporting' option.  I know for a
fact, that if that sort of option is set to 'OS2 reporting mode', things will
find a maximum of 16MB of RAM.  Switching it to 'non-OS2' mode should make
things work most of the time.

Having said that, if somebody can point me at a spec for the OS2 version of
the 'get extended memory call' BIOS function, I'll about adding support for
it to the bootblocks.

--Toby.