Re: kernel source tarballs for current?

ctm is for low bandwidth.  If you only need kernel sources,
the whole /sys/ subdir of the repository is 100mb.  This would
get you the most functionality.  If you used rsync to update the
repository on a machine on the net, then you could ferry only
the files that are more recent than the last time you ferried
the repositry home.  I would do this if I were in your shoes,
especially if your laptop has 100mb free (plus room as things
grow) and a network connection at home to your home machines.
(actually this would be alot less than 100mb if you only
got the sparc kernel code, but would require abit more rsync
tweakage) ..

If you had uucp or something similar at home, where you could
get email but nothing else, ctm would be the obvious choice.

As you suggest, you could definately shuttle ctm deltas in
your pail 'o bits.

Which method is entirely up to your preference.

--
Todd Fries .. todd@fries.net