Re: DEGPA-SX Gigabit and i386 OpenBSD 2.6-current -> success (?!)

> On Tue, 11 Jan 2000, Sven Dietrich wrote:
>
>  | The machine does have 128MB RAM. It's just a little PII/300MHz.
>  | And that is where the problem is: the slot was a short PCI slot,
>  | and the gigabit card is a long one. Sigh. I guess it was a
>  | Monday... ;)
>  | *wanders off muttering something about PC motherboards*
>
> Don't many 64bit cards still work in 32pit pci slots ???

Ok, so I upgraded the machine to OpenBSD-current (#779) and got
success in booting without panic this time.

>From the boot messages:

/bsd: ti0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0 "Alteon Acenic" rev 0x1 :
irq 9 address <erased>

At the command line:

# ifconfig ti0
  flags=8802 <BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST>
        media: Ethernet autoselect
        status: no carrier

When I get a chance, I'll move it to a gigabit switch and take
it for a spin.

Sven