RE: CVS: cvs.openbsd.org: src

Hello,

I recompiled my kernel to use the newest raidframe, and enabled softdep on one
of my raid partitions.
After thorough testings, I must say it looks rock solid.
Impressive, knowing the problems occuring with the previous rf+softdep
combination.

For safety, I'll run rf+softdep on only one partition for some days. But I'm
pretty confident I may use it on the whole disk ;-)

Oh, BTW, I forgot to mention I run all this on a 3 disks UW-SCSI Raid5.

OTOH, I wonder how long is the softdep update queue ?
After having finished a ~180MB dir copy (pax /usr/obj), I could still see drive
activity for 20 sec. And after that, there was still some intermittent update up
to 1 min later...???

cheers,

        Thierry

E-Mail: Thierry Deval <TDeval@PrimeOBJ.COM>