Re: ipnat/ipf and redirect still not working

Wim Vandeputte wrote:
> > rdr xl1 port 110 -> port 110 tcp
> > map xl1 -> portmap tcp/udp 15001:19000
> >         inet netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast
> >         inet netmask 0xffffffff broadcast
> You got a weird setup. Why are you using 'internally' addresses like
> 180.*.*.*? You are not mixing up with any of the non-routalbe addresses
> like 192.168.*.*?

Heh. Because the morons in Tech Services and my predecessor thought it was
not in use on the net, therefore okay to put 300 machines on that subnet
inside the building. A never-ending headache to me.

> 		  The xl1 should have the IP address of the IP you are
> trying to map. I don't see in the xl1 ifconfig! How is that
> device supposed to pick up the packets than :-) ?
> I'm not sure what kind of setup you are trying to do. Maybe you want to
> do bridging then? man brconfig

I have discovered a bridge is nt going to work. It stops the ret of hte
network from being able to get out via IPNAT, which has been fully

Jesse Trucks
Online Technical Producer
Madison Newspapers, Inc. - http://www.madison.com