mouse problems under X

I'm using an Intellimouse(PS/2)under X (OS is more or less -current...newer
than 2.6). When I play an mp3 with amp sometime the mouse gets messed up...when
I move it, the pointer moves to the top right of the screen and gets stuck. It
usually happens when I'm moving the mouse when amp starts playing an mp3. If I
hit the mouse buttons a lot and move the mouse around it sometimes fixes it. I
can always fix it by switching to another virtual console then back to the VC
running X. Any idea what this could be?
Trevor R.H. Clarke                     Computer Science House
Rochester Institute of Technology      Systems Programmer for ISC
retrev@csh.rit.edu                     trcsys@rit.edu
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~retrev/        finger retrev@csh.rit.edu for PGP key