Re: current teTex port BROKEN for the sparc

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 05:18:10PM -0700, Marco S Hyman wrote:
> The current version of teTex does not work for the sparc.  To make
> matters worse it proceeds to install normally even though part
> of the install fails.
>
> The last bit of install output is:
>
>   fmtutil: /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/pdftex.fmt successfully generated.
>   fmtutil: /usr/local/share/texmf/web2c/tex.fmt successfully generated.
>   Running mf to create plain base ...
>   Bus error (core dumped)
>   Done.

This looks like a sparc optimization error, in the common metafont/metapost
code.

Switching those two to -O0 cures the bug.

Now that I've updated the in-core compiler to gcc 2.95.1, could you update
to current and check whether that problem still occurs, in which case it's
worth a bug-report...

--
	Marc Espie