Re: /usr/ports/LICENCE

On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 12:48:49PM +0200, Marc Espie wrote:

> Right now, programs are supposed to guess the version number from the package
> name somehow... even though there are no clear rules as far as version
> numbering goes.

FreeBSD has had clear rules from at least since the beginning of
OpenBSD.  They seem to work quite well.  FreeBSD actually requires the
rules to be followed for part of bsd.port.mk to work.

[There are no machine-parsable rules wrt to "flavor" of a port,
 however].

--
This is my .signature which gets appended to the end of my messages.